Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Time





When HK got dressed this morning she looked down and said "I look very beautiful today. Take my picture." and then made sure I knew she wanted to be in the stroller for her photo and wanted Mantey beside her. Funny girls. Even with our photo shoot we were not late leaving for school...which is very impressive for us!  

No matter what is going on time just keeps ticking, doesn't it? Jared and I were talking recently and, between me being so sick again and his dad's heart attack, we feel like we "lost" June, July and August. I don't think either of us can tell you much about those months except that they were exhausting and pretty miserable. For example, between June and August I....kept the kids alive, told Jared to find his own dinner which he knew meant "make sure to eat it before you get home so that I don't smell it" and cleaned house even less. We didn't go out, see friends, take pictures (which is obvious when you look at the blog!), etc. There were many days the girls watched WAY too much tv and ate junk food all day long. We were just trying to survive.

Now I finally feel better, Jared's dad is home and doing well, and we've done more in September than we did all June/July/Aug combined. We have something this upcoming weekend but as soon as that is over we're moving the girls into the same room. Jared built headboards for new beds and I'm working on covering them with fabric. There are boxes and boxes and boxes stacked every where in the house. Our plan is to move HK into Matney's room, move the guest room into HK's old room and make the old guest room the nursery. Know what that means? Every closet, under every bed, every drawer, etc has to get cleaned out and switched to another room. This house looks like a bomb exploded...and it just about has! Compared to the last three months we're moving 300% faster! Jared built new shelves and we've redone the playroom and hall closets and the pantry. I've cleaned out the garage, emptied drawers and closets, under beds and under bathroom sinks. Both freezers and the fridge have finally gotten cleaned out. I know our garbage man must wonder what in the world is going on because I've had piles waiting for him on the curb! It stinks that you have to make a huge mess to move and organize but I want moving everything around to be as easy as possible. Watch out next week because this place is going to get even more crazy. But then, ahhhh! It's going to be awesome. I can't wait to see how all the rooms turn out and we've got some really fun things coming up this fall!  

No comments: