Friday, January 23, 2009

Daddy's Sleepy Girl!

Who ever thought they would see the word "sleepy" in a post about Matney??? NOT ME! I am so so so happy to report that after 10 months, 2 weeks and 4 days MATNEY SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE NIGHT...twice! For the past 2 nights M has gone down around 7:30pm and slept until 7:30am without a bottle. Normally, best case, she makes it to about 5:30am before she drinks a bottle and then goes back down until until 7:30. Now we've made it the full 12 hours without needing to eat. She woke up and cried this morning at 5am but I left her. After a couple minutes she turned on her rainforest toy and went right back to sleep. Ah...how wonderful. Once I am up with her around 5 it is so hard for me ever to back to sleep that I normally just get up. I would LOVE it if this "sticks" and I could sleep an extra hour, get up around 6 and have an hour to myself. We'll see!
On the nap front...not so good. Yesterday, after her first night of sleep she was back to two 20 minute naps. It felt like a very long day!

Also, the crawler is getting fast! She is still "swimming" forward but she is faster everyday and trying to make it onto her knees. I had a dream last night that we lost her in a mall. Someone put her down, used to her not moving, and when I went to take her she was gone. They pointed at their feet and seemed shocked she wasn't there. I was frantic to find her. The anxieties being a parent are just great!

She also figured out in the past couple days how to get to a sitting position after being on her belly. Last night Jared was working late so she and I were on our own for bedtime. She played in the tub, we rocked and read like usual. When I laid her in the crib she just kept sitting up, holding Dog to her head and crying. It was so sad! I laid her back down several times but she kept sitting back up. I finally left and watched through a crack in the door. Seeing my sweet baby girl cuddling that puppy and crying sitting in the middle of the crib was just pitiful!

These are pictures from the weekend. She'd just gotten up from a nap. If you say, "Matney love ______" she turns into a cuddle bug! So sweet!!!



1 comment:

Lindy said...

Yea! Miss Matney sleeping through the night has got to be a great feeling! She looks so much like you, Stacey. I can tell from her pictures how much personality she has. What a beautiful girl!