Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Robot Who Saved the Day

Halle Kate was sleeping late yesterday so I decided to go wake her up. When I opened the door of her room I was hit with the worst smell. Poor baby girl had vomited ALL over her bed and slept in it all night long, she'd never cried. Halle Kate, her sheet, bumper and robot were all covered in dried puke. It was so gross. When I picked her up she started crying and didn't stop until I went back to her bed and gave her the vomit covered robot. AGH! I got her downstairs and tried getting her clothes off but she wouldn't let go of Mr. Robot. I wasn't sure what to do until I remember that our friend Kathy had searched several Targets to find another one after seeing HK's attachment to the robot when we were in WR a few months ago. Every mama knows it is ideal to have more than one "lovey", esp in situations like this.
I grabbed a naked HK and we ran back up the stairs. I yanked the nasty robot from her arms and put the new one in...and it never fazed her! (side note- it is impressive just how ragged HK's old robot looks after just a few months of her owning it. Even without puke it looks rough already!) I crossed my fingers and put the old robot in the wash at the same time that HK took her first bath of the day. It two good washings for both of them before they smelled clean. Thankfully the robot came out without much damage.
I was dreading a day of barf but HK never got sick again, never had a fever and never really acted like anything was wrong. So far M and I are fine. THANK GOODNESS!!! Here is HK this morning with her 2 clean robots. Now that she knows there are twins she wants both to carry around. I will have to work on hiding one so that we have a back-up for next time. Thank you Kathy! You and your robot SAVED THE DAY!!!




No comments: