Friday, March 4, 2011

Matney is THREE!

I have such a hard time believing that my baby girl is three! Matney had a fun filled birthday weekend even after a hard time waking up! Once she realized birthdays involved presents she perked up quickly. We had so much stuff left over from Christmas I didn't buy any gifts except a kiddie camera. She loves taking pictures with my camera so I knew this would be the perfect gift. I was right!
She spent all morning taking pictures of everything in the house. Then we went to an indoor play place she likes. We let her pick the activities for the day and she wanted to go to the park but it was too cold. My brave girl went down the tallest slide.
Then we went to the mall for pretzels, trains and carousel rides. I know I am their mama but are these girls not so ridiculously cute? I love them! And yes, Robot goes everywhere with us these days.
Later we went for a pizza dinner and came home for more presents and cake. HK even got a matching new ballerina outfit with Matney. They were so excited!
Matney got a pedicure kit. Both girls are obsessed with having "sparkle toes" and fingers. I am constantly painting tiny nails with glitter polish. For some reason soaking their feet scared the girls so I volunteered to show them it was not scary.
Matney got flower decals for her toes.
Geez, I that darn icing mouse got into the cake again. Every cake in our house for more than a few hours always gets destroyed! Matney opened her gifts from Jared's TX family. HK was never far away from the activity. In this box Matney wanted to color on her new princess pad but HK was eyeing that cute raincoat from the moment it left the box.
She wore it the first day everywhere we went - from 8:30am- 8pm with a two hour break for a nap. I will be purchasing her a raincoat in her size as soon as I find one!
We ate cake for days until I threw the rest away. And the princesses have invaded the house more than I knew possible. Ariel and Belle are M's favorites. She ran around today in her new Belle dress with her Belle doll. So cute!
Matney and her princesses are happy girls right now. Thank you to everyone for loving our girl!

No comments: