Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Day of School

I am so very sad (for multiple selfish and non selfish reasons!) that Matney is done with school for the year. We all had a great year being in Mrs. Jen's class and will miss her very much. Matney almost didn't make it to the last day of school because she woke up with a swollen face. Can you tell in the picture above? She didn't look like my child! Poor thing had little slits for eyes. She developed a rash the next day but we never figured out what she'd been around. Anyway, here she is with her "ocean" - blue water, sand, shells and sea life stickers. She is so proud of that ocean!

The class got a special snack.

Matney and her best friend Madigan. See Matney's hands covering her cup? I'll explain that in a second.

Look across the table from Matney (purple bow at the bottom). Halle Kate doesn't believe in being left out. She's the only sibling in the room old enough to get down and walk around - come on people, having babies back to back is easy, what were you waiting on?!?!? ha! - so she's gotten to know M's teachers over the year and participate in several activities. I kept her out of "make an ocean time" but there was no way the kid was skipping snacks!

She was such a proud big girl!

Here's Matney's cup. She was covering it so that no pretzels or chex mix contaminated her chocolate!

 Dear Mom, I know I often refuse to leave your side but I want to go to school next year too. This place is cool. Love, Halle Kate

Dear Halle Kate, School starts in 13 weeks. No worries, your little wild self will be there! Love, Mom
I hate that I didn't get a picture of Matney and Mrs. Jen together. Thankfully we bonded over a love hate relationship with all things glitter this year and learned we live around the corner from one another. Matney will be having a playdate with Mrs. Jen and her daughters soon! It was so hard to drop my baby girl of those first few weeks of school but it was a great year for all of us.

No comments: