Wednesday, June 29, 2011

State of the Household Address

Dead flowers outside can never be a good sign. Very inviting, aren't they? Sigh! It has been a long time since I updated the blog and a while since we have seen most of our friends. No worries, we are all still here. I just have been feeling like this dolphin....

That's not good either, is it?!?! Long story short I've been more and more tired for several months, started having migraines and some other random things so I finally went to the doctor. Turns out my iron level is way below low so there is a reason I feel horrible. I've gone from being the girl who is up, has worked out, showered/dressed and cleaned house before the girls are awake to the girl who goes to bed at 9pm, wakes up when the girls do and naps every single day...and I am still always exhausted and feel like crap. All that sleep has left little time for accomplishing much. If you are waiting on a thank you card, for me to return a phone call or email, or just wondering why we've become antisocial for a few months please know we love you! I've finally found an iron supplement that doesn't make me sick, I'm taking something for the migraines and am crossing my fingers that I'll be back to my old self soon!

Until then, I'm slowly but surely getting caught up thanks to my Stud of a house keeper....
This was Jared vacuuming on Father's Day. Poor guy - although the dog sheds like a woolly mammoth and was his Father's Day gift. Nothing like saying, "Hey Honey, here's your present, now vacuum up his hair!". After a total meltdown that I had (that probably scared him just a little!), Jared has picked up a lot of the slack around here and been very understanding of my inability to stay awake need to sleep.
So the moral of the story is 1-  treat your body well and don't run it into the ground because you need it.  And 2 - marry well enough that if you are dumb enough not to pay attention to rule 1 your spouse is a good guy who will take care of you until you're better. Thanks, Stud Muffin. The girls and I love you!

No comments: