Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Egg Hunt at church

We went to an Easter egg hunt at a local church. We have a great time at this one last year and this year was even better....they had a petting zoo! The girls were excited to be there and LOVED petting the animals!




We met the Easter Bunny. HK is always very excited about big costumes, Matney never likes them.

See the two boys above? They were headed to take the next picture with the Easter Bunny and their mom was ready with the camera. Want to guess who jumped in before them?

Yep, Halle Kate was all over that Easter Bunny.

Matney stood with her head down and hand in her mouth.

The other boys waited until Halle Kate had bonded with the bunny before they got their picture taken. I appreciate that their mom was nice about my not so polite child.

It took a few minutes to get HK to leave the bunny alone.

Matney found a pot bellied pig. I tried explaining to her that when I was little I had a pet pig, named Sadie, who looked just like this pig...and that Sadie slept with me in the bed at night. I loved that pig. Matney thought I was making it all up!

And she's off. HK's age group went hunting eggs first. Once she was let loose she never turned around to see where I was, she was only after eggs.

Matney and I tracked her down.

After HK's hunt Matney and her friend Collin got ready for their hunt.

Matney was excited but stuck much closer to mommy.

The pink bunny shaped eggs were a big hit!

Check out our loot, Mom!

Getting tired!

Headed back to the car while eating snow cones. These were some happy, full of sugar girls!

No worries, I was watching for car because they were obviously distracted.

No comments: