Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Robots & Princesses

Birthday Intro - We are apparently out of space again on the blog so I am going to have to get on the ball and have the previous years printed so that I can delete some things and not have to start paying a monthly fee. Anyway, until we get that figured out here are some pictures from the girls' bday party last weekend. We had a joint party in between their actual bdays (like last year) because they have the exact same friends and it is easier and cheaper to do it once! Next year we won't be able to make it work this way but this year the girls were still young enough to be ok with it.


Here are the girls on the way to their party. Don't you love those pigtails on HK? Her first choice for a party theme was a Big Bad Wolf party but that didn't work well so we switched to robots. A mom in her class made this shirt for her and then my brother made me a robot to match on the computer so that all the robot decorations matched her shirt. I wanted those pigtails so I told her they were "robot ears"...and she totally fell for it! ha! LOVE THEM with those orange ribbons!

Matney went with a princess theme, not that there was any question about what she would pick. I tried for a while to figure out how to make princesses and big bad wolves/robots work together but couldn't quite figure it out so we just had two separate themes. It is their birthday so they should be happy!

Here is a much more typical Halle Kate picture.
And Matney again, just being calm and patient.

The girls didn't want a cake and picked cupcakes and rice krispie treats. My bday cake every year is made of rice krispie treats so I thought that was an awesome idea!

Playing with friends. Matney picked out this dress and was certain it was the perfect bday dress. I thought the crown was a perfect addition.

All Halle Kate cared about was seeing her friend Jack at her party. Once he got there the two of them were together like glue. That is Jack on the swing behind her. He is her favorite friend and she cannot wait for the school year to be over so that he is home to play with.


Erin and Grayson. Y'all, he is the sweetest baby ever. Several of us mamas were fighting over holding him. You can always tell those of us without tiny kids at home anymore because we swarm any baby in our path.

I have lots more pictures but I can't upload anything else until I get the storage issue worked out. I'll leave you with this one of Matney. While she wanted everyone to sing to her she still has to have either her fist or hair in her mouth when she is nervous. If you know how to help us break this habit please let me know!

No comments: