Monday, September 8, 2008

Sniff, Sniff

I saved these pictures to the blog a little while and intended to come back and write more text about how big Matney is getting and how much fun she is. However, on the way back to do that I just jumped on my friend Amber's blog and saw her post from today and am CRYING at the computer. Here is part of what she said if you don't have time to pop over and read it:
"It reminds me of a book that a friend gave me by Karen Kingsbury, can't think of the title at the moment, but one of her few children's books. It about us constantly documenting our children's firsts, but rarely realize that we also experience their lasts. I know there are already a few lasts that we have encountered with Tate; the last time he curled up into that newborn ball, the last time he had his startle reflex, and many others I am sure have occurred, but I have yet to realize. Just another reminder to cherish every single moment because he is ever-changing and won't be doing all of these things for very long."
AGH!!! I have been loving watching Matney grow and learn new things every day but I hadn't thought about all the "lasts" we have had with her. The last time she curled up with me in bed and I wrapped around her in the Boppy, the last time she rode all balled up in the sling snuggled close to Mommy, the last quiet sucks of the bottle that were so sweet sounding in the dark of night because those now are chugs and gulps and spitting on purpose because it is fun! No more tiny diapers or tiny toes, no more sponge baths while holding her because she was too small for her bath tub. Oh, how I want to say how sad it is but at the same time it is so wonderful to have such a healthy, thriving baby girl. What a tremendous gift. Jared and I will have to go to bed tonight being more conscience to thank God for all the firsts but also all the lasts. We are so blessed.
Here is our big girl on her 6 month birthday.





Clearly, she had had enough!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Now you have me sniffling! I looked at the book. It is called Let me Hold you Longer by Karen Kingsbury. I'll try to remember it next Mon. Oh it is at my house so that should be easy :)