Thursday, September 3, 2009

Long time no post!



So sorry that it has been a week since I posted. Grandmama, please forgive me!!! Honestly, our camera batteries died over a week ago and I just put new ones in today. Well, I tried before that but our battery charger wasn't charging. We had to get a new one so I missed a whole week of cute girl pictures...bad mama!

Let's see, what's new??? The girls are good. Halle Kate is so so sweet. Unless she is tired, it is loud or she is in her carseat she is always smiling. By the end of July she was going to bed around 8pm and sleeping until almost 5am. Wonderful. That all changed 3 weeks ago and now she is up eating 3 times during the night. I am always tired. The difference between the first and second baby is that one the first sleeps you can sleep. Now when the second sleeps...I play with the first. Just when I am getting HK back down around 6 or 7am Matney is getting up. ugh.

Matney is wonderful. She is NEVER QUIET!!! She spits out new words every day. Tonight at dinner she kept saying the same thing over and over, louder each time. When I finally stopped to really pay attention to her she was pointing to her elbow saying "elbow, elbow, ELBOW!". When I clapped for her she starting pointing to other body parts and saying their names. What a big girl! Honestly, communication with her is not hard anymore. Even if she can't say whatever word she wants she gets close enough that we (pretty much) always know what she's talking about. Right now we hear "color" all day long because she loves her color crayons (thankfully she hasn't tried to eat them again!).

Jared is good, just working a lot. He kept the girls last Saturday night so that I could go meet some friends for Girls Night Out. Oh my, I love my girls but it was wonderful to eat warm food while sitting down having adult conversation. Not once did anyone at the table have to play "airplane" to get food into someone else's mouth! Although, Erin did try to eat her pizza with the pizza spatula...if only I'd been faster with my camera!

You probably won't see me out and about right now. At least not to anywhere that requires shoes (which we have learned that you don't have to be wearing to walk into the mall). I dropped a heavy platter on my foot while baking chocolate chip muffins this week. It is big, swollen and black and blue and I can't wear a shoe. Since I don't think there is much to be done for broken toe/foot bones I'm just limping along. I am such a klutz!

I am leaving you with a couple of questions and I promise more pictures in the next day or two. Halle Kate and I had a great photo session today while Matney was napping.

1- Obviously I am not getting to post everyday like I used to. Now that the computer lives in the office and not the kitchen desk I don't get online until the girls are asleep. Would you rather me post a bunch one night a week like I've been doing? Or, I know that there is a way to write an entry and then select a date for it to automatically post. So I could still do them all at one time but they would show up throughout the week. Opinions???

2- Matney is BORED OUT OF HER MIND in this house. She's been stuck here since HK was born because we're not out and about like she was used to. I feel so sorry for her but I think with the crazy flu season quickly approaching we're going to be staying in for several more months. She is just turning 18 months and I'd love to get her a few new things to play with, even if she doesn't get them until Christmas. For those of you with younger kids, esp girls, what was the "cool toy" for 2 years old? I was thinking a play kitchen and a dollhouse. Any opinions about those or any other good suggestions? Those are bigger, more expensive items and I don't want to spend money on something she isn't going to enjoy so help this mama out!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You might need to go to the dr. I was in the boot 2 times in one year, the 2nd time preg - no fun. Just precautionary. Let me know what you hear cool toy wise if they are unisex. :) Miss you guys