Sunday, September 27, 2009

Peanutness Confirmed

It is confirmed, the Peanut really is a peanut! It is hard to believe that she is 4 months old. And we are still surviving. Most days.

We took the girls to the doctor last week for their 18 and 4 month check ups. Halle Kate weighed right at 11 lbs (0-10%) for weight. She is 23 3/4" tall (25%). To compare, Matney was over 11 lbs at 2 months! At her (Matney's 4 month appt she weighed 14kbs 10oz and was 25" tall). I was just like HK as a baby. Our Peanut really is a peanut. She checked out perfect on everything and seems to be a healthy, happy girl...except for the 4 shots she got. Poor thing.

I don't think I really realized how tiny she is until yesterday. My mom was in town this weekend and we went shopping to get the girls fall clothes. Matney has always been a size ahead. For example, when she was 3-6 months she wore 6-9 month clothes. Because of that the 3 huge boxes of warm clothes we have from her are 90% 12 month size. When we got back from shopping I tried things on Halle and realized she's a size behind. 3-6 month stuff is still way too big for her so we went back out and Mom got her a few 0-3 month outfits. So, in a few years all the clothes Matney wears Halle Kate might be able to use too. For now though she is going to have to have her own winter wardrobe. No hand me down options for this season. What an itty bitty thing!

Matney weighed in at 26lbs, which was actually less than I thought she'd be. That puts her around 75% for weight. I don't have the paper in front of me for height. It was 50% I know. I think 32". She also checked out great. She is talking at a 2 year old level because she's starting putting groups of words together, like "more cracker please". If you've been around her you shouldn't be surprised. Oh my, she never is quiet! She adds so many new words each day that I can't keep up with all that she can say. She also got 3 shots and has to go back next month for 3 more. It was horrible to watch her get so upset for those shots. Horrible.

We are so so so SO thankful to have two healthy girls. So thankful.

That's the update. I'm downloading pictures now and will get them up in just a minute.

No comments: