Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Memory Lane - part 1

I am in the middle of printing LOTS of pictures from the past year (thank you Snapfish Penny deals for helping this mama catch up!) and have had so much fun looking back at the pictures from my cell phone. Most of those pictures are the fun ones I take all day long, because my phone is always closer than my camera, but they have only recently started getting on the blog. I think I fell even more in love with my girls last night while looking back at the past few years! Hope you enjoy these too! They uploaded to the computer in no particular order so this will jump around a lot!

Sweet Matney - I think she was 2-3 months old. Look at all that hair!


HK's first big bow...and a sweet baby yawn.

Matney used to be very scared of firemen!

Matney's first dining out experience. A grilled cheese at Steak N Shake.

Matney falling in love with an Elmo doll.

I took Matney to a bounce house/play place on May 21, 2009. She was just really starting to walk well but got stuck in on of the blowups. I had to climb up after her and yelled down that I bet I'd have another baby soon. About 10 hours later Halle Kate was born. Ha! Climbing around in big bounce houses apparently is a good labor inducer.

Welcome Halle Kate!

HK on her way home from the hospital.

Jared brought me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day just after HK was born. Wasn't that sweet?

See that rash? That was the beginning of the hives I got when I went back to the hospital after HK was born for high blood pressure. I was allergic to the first medicine they tried in the IV. There are so many ways that having kids is not for the weak!

OH! Halle Kate

HAHAHAHA! Jared is going to get me for this one! We had just moved into this house (see how empty it was?) and Jared was trying to put together our first pack and play. HA! I remember this night and yes, he had some serious trouble. Poor Matney, we had no idea what we were doing when we became parents!

Matney's first time trying Chick-fil-a. HK was a newborn and we ate outside at The Avenue so she didn't go in and get exposed to germs. How in the world did we survive two kids so tiny?!?!?

Fast forward - HK meets Santa when she was about 6 months old.

It's ok HK, Mantey doesn't like him either!

Can't flip this picture - a baby learning to feed themselves is MESSY!

To a toddler saying "please throw this in the bathroom trash can" sounds an awful lot like "Of course the toilet is a trash can and Mommy would love to go potty fishing later."

Halle Kate's first steps - we were at The Avenue again and some stranger was nice enough to snap this picture and email it to me. I don't know why I didn't have my camera out...except I assume I was trying to catch her before she fell.

We take fun pictures and send them to Jared while he is at work. I am not sure what he thinks we do all day around here!

No comments: