Wednesday, November 23, 2011

still not ready....but they are sweet!

Do you see this sweetness? Look past the massive amount of stuff in my car and focus on those sweet hand holding girls. Can you say "Awwwww...."?

Last time I tried taking the girls out of town we made it less than 24 hours before I tossed them in the car and came back to Atlanta. I waited almost 6 months to try again and we headed south last weekend. For your information they still have not earned their "good traveler passports" and will stay home for at least another 6 months! AGH! The 2.5hr ride there was really good. The only time HK got really frustrated Matney was so sweet and said "it's ok, Hal. I will hold your hand" and they rode like this for 20 minutes. I love those girls so much I can't even stand it!


 
They were really well behaved but they just don't sleep well anywhere but their own beds. I had pillows, blankets and toys from their beds at home but we were pretty much up all night long. Matney and MoMo were talking/laughing so much that they woke me up at 3 something. Poor Matney really has had some trouble sleeping now that she doesn't have a paci. We headed south to go to a holiday market at the GA Fairgrounds that opened Sat at 9am. Since we had been up since 3am we were more than ready for the doors to open. Without sleep the girls were not so excited about holiday items and we didn't stay long. It should go without saying that we did not stay another night. After seeing a few friends they got tossed right back in the car and we came home to our own beds. Hope you had fun girls, no more overnights for you for at least 6 more months!

Now that we're back in ATL we are in full holiday mode. I was up until after midnight and got lots of things ordered last night. Christmas pictures are done and cards are on the way here! All the personalized printing gifts are ordered so no extra money on fast shipping this year. Point for me! Now I am up blogging before the girls are up while smelling the food cooking for Thanksgiving tomorrow. The girls are getting very excited about Christmas and are so much fun to watch. Our family has so much to be thankful for this year!

No comments: