Monday, March 12, 2012

Keepin' the romance alive!

We are teaching lessons at our house on keeping the romance in our relationship alive. Jared came home on Valentine's Day to a fabulous sock bouquet, chip stick and a lovely "daddy cake". The way to a man's heart is food and athletic socks!


Isn't he handsome? I know he looks like a gingerbread man but we called it a "Daddy Cake". Notice the extra white eye in his forehead....looks like HK shot Daddy.

Nothing says love like lots of slober. Makes the cake much more moist. HK is her mother's daughter. This was the middle of the day and she's in her jammies. She'll wear clothes to leave the house but the minute we get home she's back in jammies.


Opening valentine's gifts.

Matney looks a little perplexed. I wonder why?!?!?!?

Welcome back, glitter Ellie! Matney has mentioned at least one a week since Christmas how much she misses Ellie the Elf. When Jared came home on Valentine's he found lots of glitter in the garage and coming in the door. Matney couldn't figure out where it came from until she opened her card and found more glitter and note from Ellie. Matney was so excited. Ellie apparently stopped by and signed Matney's card and said she missed her too. Thanks, Ellie! That made Matney's month!

HK's love language - a robot card.

And I win mother of the year award again. I put the Daddy cake in the oven when we took the girls up to bed so that Max wouldn't eat it (he will eat anything left anywhere that he can get to - believe me, we've learned this the hard way many times!). I forgot it and turned on the oven the next day to roast veggies. After 20 minutes warming up to 425 I did wonder what the burning smell was...and I didn't find out until I opened he oven door to a fried daddy cake. I hid him in the garage all day and told the girls that Daddy had taken it to work with him. Someone give me a medal!  

No comments: