Monday, March 12, 2012

LOCKDOWN!

I AM SOOOOO TIRED OF MY GIRLS NOT PICKING UP THEIR TOYS...so one weekend everything they didn't clean up (and they had more than enough time and J and I were helping) got locked in the playroom. And then everything the next day they didn't pick up got locked up....this went on for more than a week. I LOVED the absence of clutter at the end of the night but that playroom looked like it exploded and we were running out of things to play with!


Lucky for the girls I got the stomach flu and couldn't seem to shake it. Last week Jared had to go to work on Friday morning for a meeting and by 8 am I had opened the playroom door and it was like Christmas morning for the girls. I could stay barfing in the bathroom connected to the playroom and they went wild with toys they hadn't seen in weeks. Thankfully, Jared was the hero of the week and was home before lunch and took charge of the girls. I guess my lock down wasn't as effective as I'd hoped - the way they jumped and screamed playing (and the mess on my floor right now) makes me think they didn't learn anything!

No comments: