Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve

We started a new tradition this year – Christmas Eve breakfast in our jammies at Waffle House. LOVED IT!

waffle house 1Waffle house 2

waffle house 3

We came home and cleaned a few things, played some games and stayed lazy until my parents and brother came up in the afternoon. The boys always see a movie Christmas Eve and this year was extra special because Jared got me and my mom tickets to see Les Miserables. While it was may have been that Jared was looking for a way out of going with me we were super excited to get to go!

Before the guys left we opened our traditional Christmas jammies. This is the first year in my life that I didn’t have new jammies. I have less than 6 weeks until Evelyn is due and I didn’t want new jammies that will fit now and never again. Starbucks gift cards were a nice substitute. I think caffeine is going to be necessary in the near future!

DSCN5667

DSCN5668

Buying Christmas pjs for the girls was not easy. HK likes footie jammies, M likes nightgowns. Then HK decided a few weeks ago that she didn’t want to wear footies anymore and I raced to exchange what I’d already purchased. My choice was still a failure. Apparently the reindeer on the front of HK’s shirt was “itchy” and she only wore them for 5 minutes.

DSCN5674

When she took her jammies off she wanted to “be like Daddy” so she climbed into his new shirt and then got his hat and shoes. Ha!

DSCN5683

Eventually she realized that Daddy’s shirt was a little too big. Unless she kept her arms straight out the neck hole was big enough to slip over her entire itty bitty body and it fell off. So funny!

After the jammies were on we set out our cookies for Santa. I’d love to tell you that we spent the day making cookies but the best bakery from back home made Santa’s cookies. Rumor has it that a very pregnant lady Santa REALLY likes hard iced sugar cookies and had begged asked for them this year.

DSCN5693DSCN5694

This is HK trying to make sure we knew that Santa wanted two cookies left behind for her and Matney.

Jammies – check! Cookies – check! Time for reindeer food!

This year the reindeer got oatmeal, glitter and cheerios!

DSCN5703

We ate our cookies and the guys picked up pizza on their way home. Soon it was time for bed, SANTA and a very late night for the grown up girls at the movies!

DSCN5711

No comments: