Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas program

The preschool normally doesn’t do a Christmas program or does one during the day but they changed it this year and made it bigger. The 4 and 5 year old classes sang a few songs and they had a Santa, train ride and cookies….and they charged each family $10 to come. Totally smarter for them than something free during the day. ha!
Sometime after I snapped these first few pictures a setting on the camera got changed and every other picture is blurry mess. Sad.
DSCN5580
Matney was shy but excited. After her lack of participation in the Thanksgiving program we talked for the last month about being brave and doing your best….and this time Matney sang every word and was AWESOME!!!
DSCN5582DSCN5586DSCN5588DSCN5597
HK clearly donned her best Christmas attire. That was my Mickey Mouse shirt 30+ years ago and HK loves to wear it.
DSCN5599
Matney and Daddy on the train ride in the parking lot.

Jared met us at the school after work because I had to leave from the school and go to a funeral home to see friends of ours who had just lost their 11 year old daughter/niece after a 3 year cancer fight. I admit that I had a moment of panic and almost couldn't catch my breath before the Christmas program started. Seeing Matney on the stage, looking at her name printed in the program I had to really talk myself out of flipping out (which would have looked very strange in that gym full of parents!). It is so easy to take our health for granted but it would also be so very easy to live life in fear that something will happen to one of my girls or Jared/myself.
2013 is going to be a wild year adding another girl to the house but I pray that I will be better at finding balance between enjoying the moment and living in fear of what I can't control/don't know.

No comments: