Thursday, October 8, 2009

The old grey mare just ain't what she used to be....

I bet you can't believe that you're seeing blog updates from the middle of the day. Isn't that so "pre-Halle"? Yes. So, are the girls asleep? Yes, but that isn't why I'm posting right now. For the last 3 weeks I've been racing during nap time to do Jillian Micheal's The 30 Day Shred. Best case during the day the girls overlap for about 30-40 minutes during their nap times so I throw a baby in the bed and hit start on the DVD. She's one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser, and y'all, she is tough! Good grief Level 2 is a killer.

After 3 weeks, skipping several days when the girls were sick last week, my maternity clothes are too big and I can button some of my pre-pregancy clothes. Whoo hoo! (Now, they aren't attractive buttoned but they button so that is a step in the right direction). All I want to do is go clothes shopping for my birthday next month. After being pregnant for so much of the last 3 years I do like elastic waist pants. But turning 30 and feeling frumpy just isn't working for me!

What's my point? I know some of you are grandparents/family and just check this for the girls. But there are others of our friends who have been asking me about it so this is the easiest way to put it out there. You'll have to work for it but if you want results I really recommend the DVD. I know it is hard with little ones but it is less than 30 minutes a day so you can find time most days. It is $11 on Amazon so just order it and start...and then call me and we'll do it together because my commitment seems to be slipping. The girls are down and here I am blogging. Apparently 30 year old knees aren't the same as they once were and mine hurt today. In other words, this old grey mare just ain't what she used to be!!! Better to get back in shape now than have to do it further down the road. Matney and Halle Kate need a mama who can play...not who creaks and groans getting off the ground! Who wants to join me?!?!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

You are very convincing! I just ordered it off of Amazon!

I have absolutely no coordination, so this should be interesting. I think I will be at level one for a very long time!