Sunday, September 26, 2010

Running and SNOT!

Whaa hooo!!! It took 30 minutes and I have a pile of HK drool on my back from her climbing all over me but I think I just figured out how to make blogging much easier. I hate computers but love when I am able to figure them out without having call my husband or my dad (ok, that's never really happened before but I think I did it this time!). Anyway, we'll see if it helps. Now, onto the post...


I drove by a sign last week for a 5K in the area and asked Jared about running it with me. I haven't run a race since 1990-something and have only run about 5 times since I got pregnant with Matney in 2007. I don't know what made me want to go run now when I totally haven't trained for anything...but I did. Jared looked at me like I was nuts! I dropped it until Saturday afternoon when I called one of my best friends and she agreed to run with me Sunday morning. Thanks, Kim! Considering she's run marathons, it was raining and super early I think I owe her a good dinner sometime. She hung back at my slow pace and we did 3.1 miles in 31 minutes. Not too shabby for no preparation, right? It felt GREAT to push myself and accomplish something just for me! When's our next race, Kim? I can't believe we didn't take a picture together. Such a blog slacker! Jared snapped this one when I got home.

I walked back into lots of snot on Sunday morning. Sickness has invaded the Heald house again. Every has a cold and poor HK is MISERABLE. I ended up taking her to the dr on Sunday afternoon and got an antibiotic for what we think is a sinus infection. So far it isn't helping! She woke up Sunday before 7:30am, wouldn't let me lay her down to take a nap, went to bed at 8pm and was back up by 9:30pm and didn't go back to bed until after 3am. What does that mean? I got up after less than 6 hours of sleep on Sunday, ran a 5K and then stayed up with HK until early Monday. I've spent the day with two grumpy girls and I am beyond exhausted and ready for bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

Way to go, Stacey! You look GREAT!! -Jessica