Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Lessons learned

Wow! Hard to believe it is the first week of the year I've already been learning some valuable lessons. Number 1 - don't say that my children are "finally feeling better" and put the medicine back in the cabinet because one of them will get sick again. Poor Halle Kate started running a 102 fever again this week and was up all night Friday crying. And when I say all night I mean I never got into my bed and eventually curled up with a blanket on the floor by her bed the few times I tried putting her in her crib. We spent some quality time at CHOA yesterday and my sweet girl was very brave for several tests that ruled many things out. She does not have any kind of infections, no ear, no bladder/kidney, no pneumonia. That is the good news. However, her blood work in some areas was "off". This could be because she's been sick with several different kind of infections for several weeks now or it could be a sign of something else (not exactly sure what those possibilities might be). At 10pm we finally got to come home and go to bed and she slept all night. I did too, thank goodness. More peacefully that I had been because at least I know that there isn't something we could be doing or some other antibiotic she should be taking. They gave me some things to watch for and assuming nothing changes we'll go back to our normal dr after the snow melts and have the blood work redone. They also said that based on her blood work she has no immune system and would catch any germ she's around so keep her home. Thank goodness for snow. That will keep us occupied (and keep daddy home) while we're hanging out here alone for a little bit. We'll miss you but we love you!

Several of you have called/emailed/texted since you saw her cute picture on Facebook and the easiest way to update it here since I know our families read this pretty frequently. Please pray our next round of blood work comes back normal and our sweet girl is well soon!

No comments: