Monday, April 18, 2011

Laughter through tears is the best medicine

Who recognizes that line? "Laughter through tears is the best medicine" is one of the best line from one of the best movies ever - Steel Magnolias. And I take it very seriously.
Every time I was at my Grandmama's, even after I turned 30, she rocked me in this rocking chair while I made her promise that this would always be mine. I am happy to report that, a year after she passed away, I brought my chair home. Right now I am sitting in the middle of my living room, in my chair, and I don't care at all that it doesn't fit or match! We have all spent many hours in it in the two weeks it's been here. Every time I see the girls sitting in it I tear up - so thankful for the memories of my Grandmama that I have but so sad that she isn't here any more.  
Grandmama would have spent the last year laughing every day at the crazy things these girls get into. So I can't help but chuckle at them and wipe my eyes thinking of the Steel Magnolias line and hoping that when they are 30 I'll still be rocking my girls in this same chair.

No comments: