Thursday, April 7, 2011

Texas!

I haven't posted on the blog or FB for a more than a week because we have been in TEXAS (and I didn't want our house to get robbed!). We went to see all of Jared's family and had a fabulous time. Despite everyone being sick the girls did great traveling and we were spoiled rotten while we were there! I don't have time to do a huge post but here pictures showing some of the highlights of our trip.

And before you even see the pictures you should know how loved and taken care of we all were. Everyone who hosted us went out of their way to make sure that we all had all of our favorite foods, comfortable places for each of us to sleep and fun activities to keep us busy. I am positive we left a house full of glitter and sprinkles at the lake (and cookie crumbs from the entire dozen cookies I ate. They brought my favorite sugar cookies from a nearby bakery and I didn't share well at all!).  And poor Aunt Vicki will be finding holes where rocks should be and teddy bear cracker crumbs around her house for weeks. She will not be finding many Jordan Almonds though, I ate all those too. What can I say? It was a great trip! Anyway, thank you for taking care of my girls. They loved each of you and we were all sad to leave. Please know that we've got a bedroom for you in GA anytime!
Thank goodness for nice strangers. Here are my girls fighting over a chair in the airport while a nice lady next to them tries to break it up. Ha!

HK loved watching the planes while we waited to board.

Here's my crew sitting in their seats. See that look on Jared's face? I get it a lot. This particular time I think he was saying "Don't you even think you're going to sit across the row and leave me with these two girls".

We stayed part of the week at Aunt Icki's, only a few miles away from Jared's grandparents. She has a beautiful house with coloring books, crayons, teddy grahams, a dog, cats, horses and she she loves the girls like crazy. What more could two little munchkins ask for?


Matney loves to collect rocks. HK played with the horses and M walked around putting rocks into a bag every morning.
After some time with Jared's Dad's side of the family we headed to the lake to see the Matneys. They hadn't seen the girls in almost two years and were very impressed by HK's wildness extraordinary energy! They'd gotten the girls Color Wonder markers and glitter pens and we were a shiny, glittering crew by the end of the first day.

We celebrated Matney, Aunt Connie and HK's birthdays. The girls got to decorate their own cakes with sprinkles. They went nuts shaking the jars and there were sprinkles EVERYWHERE! Good thing they each got their own containers.

The lake was still cold but they had a pool for the girls. I would have bet money that HK would have spent hours in there and Matney would have been scared but the opposite happened. Aunt Connie spent hours helping Matney up and down the slide while HK watched from the porch.

HK also spent lots of time terrorizing the dogs. The picture below is a perfect example of what the weekend was like for the girls and puppies. She HK running and poor Luke running faster? They (the dogs) did really well with the girls and our kids loved them.


Those two look like trouble, don't they?!?!?

Happy Birthday time!

Look who got her own raincoat! A "poppa dots" raincoat and a new baby doll make a happy Halle.

The girls got a whole week with Daddy. They are more Daddy's girls now than ever before!



Wake up, Sassy!

I am so mad that we didn't take lots of pictures we should have taken, Aunt Connie was already gone when we took this one. I know several of you took pictures when I didn't have our camera out. Will you please email me some? Stay tuned for Part Two!

No comments: