Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Creativity and Accomplishment!!!

I will have to post another time about the 10 reasons tonight has been a disaster but this will make me feel better for now. I spent Monday at my friend Gina's house and she taught me to sew. I'm certainly not a champ yet but I sewed this entire dress for Matney all by myself. I am so proud. I LOVE being home all day with her but setting out to learn something new and accomplishing it was a great feeling. Work used to be that way. I'd meet people and over the next couple months watch their house be transformed as it was built. Now, I change poopy diapers and tickle feet which I wouldn't trade for anything but it was nice to do something for me!
THANKS GINA!!!!


Note...obviously in the day for me I did not get up and get all pretty to go to Gina's. Another reason I love her! Sewing in sweats was awesome!

8 comments:

mckennah said...

i want one!!! please please!!

Susan and Lee said...

you need to post a picture of the dress you made

Susan and Lee said...

is there one on here and I just can't see it? I am having trouble with pics. right now

Susan and Lee said...

I see it now. That is adorable! Great job! sorry for all the comments

Amber said...

Oh boy and you figured out the monogramming too - watch out!!! She must wear that tomorrow so we can all see :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! All I can do is sew enough to hem my pants! Great job on making clothes for the kid. H

Stephanie Perdue said...

That dress is adorable. I can't sew but I love those little dresses. I hope to make some for Anna Kate one day. Thanks for reading my blog.

JReser said...

OK, now that you know how to sew, you'll have to teach me! Very cute indeed!