Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meet the Mommies!!!!




You've met the kids in our playgroup and now here are the mommies! Most of the girls came over on Sunday night and we made squash and sweet potato baby food for our growing munchkins. Jared I got up Sat. morning and went to the Farmer's Market where a very nice lady sold us 8 butternut squash out of the back of her truck. Then we got 10lbs of sweet potatoes at Whole Foods where the lady checking us out looked at me very funny! I baked the food Sunday afternoon and we peeled, chopped and pureed it Sunday night. I wish I'd taken pictures of the giant piles of sweet potaotes and squash but M was determined to play with the girls and stayed up 3 hours past her bedtime. Hauling her around in the sling made me forget the camera. Poor Jared, he had all these women in his house and I made him get right in the middle of it and take these pictures!

HA! The funniest part of the whole night was captured on film...I had the scraper thing in my hand and was talking. Obviously I wasn't paying attention to M in the sling because all of a sudden the play group mommies were laughing. Matney had pulled the scraper to her mouth and was licking away! I guess she likes squash! She made a mess but it was too darn funny not to let her keep eating. I guess we know who will lick the beaters when she grows up!




No comments: