Saturday, July 19, 2008

Disaster EVERYWHERE

In a previous post I mentioned that the night had been a DISASTER and here is just a little bit of why.
Before Matney went to bed she had a bath. Her baby bath tub sits on the bathroom counter top and has a plug on the bottom to drain the water. I moved it over the sink after she was out, pulled the plug and knocked it right OFF the counter top when I turned to walk out. The ENTIRE bathtub of water went EVERYWHERE. Even the trash can had an inch of water in the bottom.
Then I had to go downstairs and clean up another mess....I am making Matney's baby food (more on that later). Basically you make it and freeze it in ice cube trays, which are equal to one serving at this age, and then put the frozen cubes in zip lock bags. I had apples in ice cube tray the other day and tried to stack them in the freezer. What I didn't know is that unless the trays are turned opposite ways they do not stack...they just collapse into each other. So, I bet you can guess what happened. Yep, when I opened the freezer to take them out I looked and looked because I knew I'd made three trays and I could only find two. Then I noticed that everything had a strange frozen liquid look to it and there were apples EVERYWHERE. So, after M went to bed I had to unload the entire freezer, wash off everything and repack it. Who knew?!?!?
Then, while cleaning the freezer M woke up screaming and I tried to make a bottle...and forgot to put in a liner so when I scooped the formula into the bottle it just fell straight onto the floor. The same floor with sticky apple mess EVERYWHERE.
Jared was watching baseball laughing at me the whole time and NOT impressed that I didn't know about ice cube trays but I've never lived anywhere without an ice maker!

The start of unloading the freezer. Notice that as it got warmer juice was melting and dripping onto the floor. Notice all the frozen juice.
Just a big mess!!!

After everything got cleaned up I still had to go take a shower because earlier I'd been playing airplane with M and she spit up. I almost didn't get my head out of the way in time!! UGH!!! Some days just shouldn't be so hard!!!

1 comment:

Susan and Lee said...

I love that picture of you. It is hilarious! Good job on the dresses. I don't think I would have known that about the ice trays either