Friday, August 15, 2008

5 month update

I am a couple weeks late with our 5 month update but they days go so quickly! It seems like at the 5 month mark Matney became a different kid. She is certainly not a baby baby anymore and is more and more fun everyday.


She is still sleeping in her hammock, the Amby Bed, and I am SO THANKFUL for it! Every night for the past 2 weeks has been better than the night before. Last night Matney was asleep at 8:45 and didn't make a peep until 5:30 this morning. I went in her room and put the paci in her mouth and she went back to sleep until 6:45. I fed her and she went back to sleep from 7-8:30. I couldn't believe it! She takes three 20-30 minute naps each day in her hammock also. I wish she napped longer but I'm not complaining because that is so much better than she has ever done.



She loves solid food. Pears, sweet potatoes and bananas are her favorite and she HATES rice cereal and oatmeal. She also loves to drink water, either from a straw (I get water in the end of the straw and then put it in her mouth) and from her sippy cup.



Matney is LOUD! She says "AH" or fake coughs when she wants you to pay attention to her. That happens anytime the attention is off her for more than 1 minute. She has the best giggle that we finally got on video so I'm excited!



She loves to play the "touch game". We walk around the house and she reaches out to touch all sorts of fun things like blinds, pictures, chairs, the fridge, etc. Her coordination has really gotten good and she can grab what she's after on the first try or two.



Jared's personal favorite thing Matney has learned is to reach out and lean towards whoever she wants. When Jared gets home from work at night she used to just get really excited and wiggle and smile. Now she lunges at Jared as soon as he's close to her. I might get my feelings hurt if it wasn't so cute and I LOVE that she is starting to like/trust/go to other people. YEA for free time for Mommy!



Matney has moved onto size 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. We take her back to the Dr. on Sept. 5th for her 6th month appointment. I can't wait to see how much she's grown!
Such a pretty girl!


She was trying to grab the camera.
Mid giggle! See the dimple?


No comments: