Thursday, October 30, 2008

Going Old School with NKOTB!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!

Warning: if you only read this blog for Matney just skip this post. Sometimes a mama gets to do something for herself!

What a great night!!! My friend Allison called on Tuesday afternoon and said she had a weird and random question...if she had free tickets would I be interested in going to the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert Wednesday night? Whooo HOOOOOO!!!! I wanted to go to the NKOTB concert at age 10 so if you give me the chance a couple days before 29 I AM THERE!!! Allison had gotten 3 tickets from someone at work who couldn't go so I called Jen and she was on board too. I can only imagine what our husbands each thought when we called and said "the kids are YOURS tomorrow night. I am going to see New Kids on the Block!".

Jen went into the attic looking for her old shirts and buttons. Allison got the puffy paint out and made a shirt. And me? I was just glad to have a pair of pants that fit! We called each other a million times Wednesday and by 7pm we were off. We got to our seats just as it was about to start and Natasha Bedingfield was one of the opening acts. AWESOME! Then there was some weirdo girl named Lady Gaga. We'd never heard of her nor do we want to ever hear of her again. Then...it was NKOTB!!! Fabulous after all these years. We sang and we danced and had a GREAT time. Several times we joked that we felt like teenagers again. However, this morning after 4 hours of sleep I feel like I got hit by a truck and am reminded that I am pushing old lady-ness.

So, here are pictures for those of you that care. Susan, I have some Donnie ones just for you, Sister! On the ride home (at about 12:30am) we talked about why this was so much fun. There isn't much that I can look back on and say that I wanted to do as a kid that I didn't get to do. Other than the Strawberry Shortcake doll that blew strawberry kisses (that is for you, Erin!) the NKOTB concert is the one thing I could really think of...and I got to go! And I remembered the words to the songs 19 years later. Incredible! We had the greatest time. It has been a long month for so many reasons and this was just the fun time we all needed!!! I tried to put more pictures but they are now smaller so enlarge them to see better.

Thank you to the man with the tickets even though I don't know you. We had a much needed, WONDERFUL night and appreciate your generosity so so much!!!













2 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

Those are great Stacey! I'm glad you had a good time too. I used to love them! especially Donnie!!!

Ben and Liz Fritz said...

Happy Birthday Stacey!! Hope you all are doing well in the ATL!