Monday, October 20, 2008

SHE DID IT!!!


7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days later...MATNEY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! WHOO HOOO!!!! If I knew how to make that sentence BOLD and RED and covered in sparkles I would do it!!!

About 2 weeks ago, in the middle of the night, I got totally fed up with Matney being up and down at least 5+ times in the middle of the night. We started "cry it out" at that moment because I shut her door and walked away (no comments or opinions please!). I had hoped it would only take a couple days but our cute baby is a stubborn one and we've heard scream after scream at all hours of the night for more than 14 days. Last week I decided that she and I were not going to leave the house until she "got it". I wanted all naps on time, in the crib, and bedtime on time in the crib. So, we spent a lot of time in the house, got really bored and pretty tired of each other. BUT IT WORKED!!!! Matney went down last night at 8:30pm and slept until 6:15am. Can you believe it??? She woke up once around 10:30 and cried for less than a minute and not a peep for the rest of the night. She has never done that before.

This is a picture from a nap today. I am amazed how bright our flash is because her room was dark. Through much trial and error I have learned that to fall asleep she has to have a blanket and Dog. Yep, that Dog. Some of you close to us will really understand the significance of that and yes, it has been hard! She eventually kicks the blanket off and I take it out of the crib at night. Dog she keeps a death grip on (see her hand) and kicks her leg on top of him. He is hard to extract when I want him back! Anything for sleep though. I am so optimistic!

2 comments:

Slay said...

To think that your daughter would be a "dog-napper". How sharper than a serpent's tooth.
Slay

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you would subject your child to "Dog". You know how much flack you got for that at sleepovers and throughout high school and college...I'm glad that you at least gave it up to your sweet baby.