Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Halle Kate at 9 months

I took these pictures the day that Halle Kate turned 9 months and had every intention of posting an update before now. Clearly that didn't happen.



Isn't she so cute? Oh my goodness, she has the sweetest personality. To say that Jared and I are crazy in love with her does not even begin to explain it!

At 9 months HK weighed 15lb 10oz (0-5%) and her height was around 25% but I will have to find the sheet to get the inches because I can't remember. We seemed to have finally gotten her poor stomach back on track after lots of changes/experiments with her diet. She is really tiny so we're watching her closely to make sure that she continues to grow and thrive. In the last week she is crawling all over the house and pulling up on everything. She is itty bitty but seems to be a healthy girl!

She takes 2 one hour naps a day and sleeps about 12 hours at night, waking once around 5am for a 7oz bottle. I am ready to be done with that early morning feeding!
Her favorite things are Matney, Matney and Matney. They make each other laugh all the time. Matney sings to her in the car and they fake cough together. Now that HK is on the move (and always headed for Matney's toys) we've certainly started hearing "MINE" from Matney much more often. Some days seem to last way more than 24 hours if they don't nap in the afternoon!

As long as I am not more than 1' away and she is able to get good sleep in her bed Halle Kate is always in a great mood. She is chewing everything, crawling everywhere and will ride in the car as long as she has her Elmo doll. I'd heard people say that with two kids you can love them "the same but different" and, until now, I didn't understand how that could be true. Matney took every piece of my heart over the past two years...or so I thought. I feel now like the Grinch at the end of the movie. Apparently my heart was two sizes too small because Halle Kate has taken over all of the new part that grew when she was born. I love love love this little girl and cannot wait to watch her grow over the next 9 months!

No comments: