Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wild Ride


We are all still here and I promise I am going to get a new camera so that I will blog again. These are pictures I found that I had downloaded to the computer but don't think I'd posted yet. Our dumb camera takes a picture fine but when you put batteries in they last less than 5 minutes and the whole camera shuts off again. That's not even time to get pictures off the camera...unless you put new batteries in and repeat the process. It takes AA batteries and I am sick of spending money on them (I do use rechargeables too, neither one makes a difference). I just want a tiny, cheap camera that doesn't eat batteries!


I keep forgetting how tall Matney is getting and leave things in her reach. A few weeks ago I left the big container of animal crackers on the counter. After a few minutes of quiet I knew they were up to something and went after them. They'd gotten the container off the counter, talk about a good day for little girls! They were so happy they were rolling all over one another laughing. Any day they can touch without hitting/fighting/biting is impressive.

In other news, Matney is still loving preschool, especially the carpool. I had to walk her in one day not long ago because I was "play dough mom" for October (I had to carry in the container of homemade play dough that took me 3 flipping batches to get right). Anyway, Matney about came unglued because she "wanted the teacher to get me out (of the car) and not Mommy to come!". Thanks, Matney, I love you too.

Halle Kate and I have finally gotten in good routine of running errands/playing alone while Matney is gone. She is totally the opposite of her sister - she is loud, wild and hates to sit still. Matney loves to curl up and cuddle while you read her a book or feed her one Cheerio at a time. HK? Toss her a black bean and let the girl go! Ha! I love having one-on-one time with them because they are so different and funny by themselves. Together they are a giant cyclone!

Work for Jared is normally busy but this month is particularly crazy. He seems excited any night he gets more than 5 hours of sleep. Not this Mama, I couldn't survive. After looking forward to it for a while he did take a trip out to TX to see family recently. After this month he'll probably need to get away again. Hopefully what they are working on at the office will get wrapped up in the next few weeks and he can have a little more down time over the holidays.

I feel like, after 3 years of "big things", life is finally calming down. The past years have been a big blur - I took a new job, we got pregnant, lost the baby, got pregnant, J graduated and took the bar, J took a new job, bought a house and moved, had Matney, survived the first 4 months of Matney screaming 24 hours a day, got pregnant, made it through M's first year while planning for another baby, had HK, heaven-help-us-survive a 14 month old and a newborn, made it through a year of 2 under 2 while taking paycuts, battling naptimes and fighting every germ the girls could possibly find, enjoyed our first holidays as a family of 4, planned for M's 2nd bday but spent the month loosing my Grandmama instead, made it to HK's first bday..and after several months of trying to adjust it finally is starting to feel (for me) like I might have my head above water for the first time in a LOOOOONG time. A 2.5 year old and a 1.5 year old is WAY WAY WAY easier than a 1.5 and  6month old. I am still not sure when I'll have all 3 of us girls dressed, the house clean and dinner on the table when J comes home but at least right now I do shower almost every day. That's improvement, folks, that is improvement.

I say all that and right now Matney and the computer are sitting on my lap, it is before 7am and poor baby girl spent all yesterday with a 103 fever. Ugh. Both girls just got off antibiotics two weeks ago. Frustrating. When M realizes that she is missing Pajama Day at school day it isn't going to be pretty. But, for now, curled up with my sweet baby girl is a great place to be. One day the germs won't bother us so much, there won't be 1,000 toys on the floor, we won't eat pb&j for dinner and I'll be missing sweet girls trying to steal the animal cracker container. Having kids is certainly a wild ride...and I so thankful to be on it!

No comments: