Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Practice

I got a new camera a week ago and just downloaded 399 pictures. I am so excited! I'll be posting lots of fun things this week because we have been BUSY. I know some of you are waiting to see the cutest Tinkerbell and kitty cat ever so I'll start with Halloween and go backwards as I have time.
First though we had to make their buckets. I wanted something cute and fun for them to carry so I got black Frankenstein buckets from the dollar bin at Target. Then I found cute black and orange polka dot napkins for $1.50 in the party supplies. We cut the napkins into strips and then Mod Podged them onto the buckets. Or, Jared Mod Podged them on the buckets. Aren't you impressed? He wasn't...but he helped anyway. Once they were dry I tied funky ribbon on the handles and we were good to go.

Halloween was on Sunday this year so we had a little practice session on Saturday night. The girls dressed up and we went to Matney's school for a Trunk or Treat. Matney was determined to be Tinkerbell. She's worn that costume around the house for weeks. Of course, she would have been wearing it out of the house for weeks but I told her that the wings wouldn't fit in the carseat! Halle Kate was a kitty cat. It was one of the only costumes I could find that was cute in the 6-9 month size that she wears. My little Peanut.

 We tried another family pictures...FAIL.
 Halle Kate wanted to be best friends with the giant lion. She kept running up to him and yelling, "ROAR!". It was hysterical and lots of people gathered around to watch her. The lion though it was funny to so he got down and danced with her. Anything the lion did HK tried to copy him. So cute.
 Matney ran far far away from the lion and demanded to be held. She was terrified.
 We ran into Matney's friend Mr. Potato Head  Collin as we were leaving. He was ready to go bounce on the inflatables.
 HK wanted to be in on the action...she was so proud that people had put things in her bucket. We all had a good time. I am thankful for places that make Halloween things "not scary" so that little kids can enjoy the night too.

No comments: