Sunday, October 16, 2011

Don't Cha?!?!?

Don't Cha wish your husband was hot like mine?
Don't Cha wish your husband was handy like mine?
Don't Cha?
Don't Cha?

Ha! Ok, so the majority of you won't recognize those lyrics but those are new lyrics to some crazy song that says don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me.....". And you are all totally about to be jealous of me when you see what all my husband has been up to...just for me (and he's not even finished but I'm so excited I can't stand not showing off!!!!)
So, we started with this upstairs in the loft between our bedroom and Matney's room. Boring and crammed full of all my craft junk.

All the craft mess loaded dumped out. It was a disaster!

A big huge disaster....but what is that along the wall to the right?

 Is it a bed?
Is it a puppy dog princess cave?

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT THE START OF MY VERY OWN CRAFT DESK!?!?!?!? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here we are a few days ago! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!Let me just tell you that there have already been changes since this picture was taken. I have a drawer in the middle so there is nothing on the ground now. We added a shelf to the pegboard, my stool is in the knee space and J's working on another shelf to put closer to the ceiling! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!?!?

Seriously, I NEVER dreamed I'd have my own space like this. I am more than in love and enjoying every minute of putting it together!

My Cricut and laminator are out and plugged in ready to go. No more digging them out of boxes. I've got hammers, levels, screwdrivers, every kind of tape and scissors right here!

I picked a fun print fabric to match the teal paint and just covered random boxes. This is the same teal that is across the hall in the girls' bath so it does (somewhat) flow upstairs. I wanted fun colors and I got them!


Jared and I talked about exactly what I wanted to do with the desk and he built it to specifically hold what I needed. First, it is almost 36" tall so I can stand up and it is the perfect height to work. The far right has shelves that perfectly fit all my containers for paper. Then there are tall skinny shelves for books and a big box of paint stuff. The middle has a drawer (not shown) with all my pencil/pen/calculator, etc odds and ends. I put a tension rod at the top of the knee space with a basket so one extension cord is plugged in and goes into the basket. Then I ran all the cords from things plugged in into the basket so there is no tangle of cords at my feet for the girls mess with. The left side has my paper cutter, sewing machine, fabric supplies, stamps, Cricut stuff and more....Oh my goodness, it is incredible!
And see the under shelf lighting shining on my ribbon? I've got lots of curly ribbon and twine on a rod at the top. Now all my packages can be extra pretty and easy!
On the top I spray painted $1 Halloween baskets pink and made them labels. Thank goodness for a laminator! Now only will they not get wrinkled but I can easily switch what is in the containers. I've got glue sticks, tags, LOTS of Sharpies (I'm a Sharpie addict!), scissors and paint brushes all hanging up. Then all kinds of adhesives are in a hanging basket - my glue gun and Mod Podge out and ready? Yes please! I added a few cute frames that still need pictures and a shelf that is now holding little glass bottles with fun pretties!

We are still working on the shelves above but I went to IKEA and now have my buttons, ribbon, flowers, and other colorful things in glass containers. OH MY! I know everyone has different things they enjoy doing so I don't expect you all to want this desk but for me it is incredible! I LOVE making things, for our family and for other people. To be able to run upstairs and make a cool gift in a fun package for a friend makes me so excited. Jared has worked SO HARD making it perfect for me and I am soooo thankful.

And now I just need to stay out of Michaels Craft Store. Anyone been in there recently? My car tries to drive there automatically anytime the girls are not with me. Martha Stewart just released her new line of paints and OH MY WORD. Plus there is a kit you can buy to make any of her craft paints into spray paint. I drool! Let me just tell you that I love, heart, adore and am slightly obsessed with spray paint and finding fun colors is not easy. And the new stencils? Fabulous! I am thinking of maybe doing a fun design around the edge of the top of the craft desk. What do you think? Dear Santa please plan on stopping your sleigh at Martha's on your way to my house!

No comments: