Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Although our trip to the Heald Family Farm pumpkin patch last year was fun I am so excited that, despite HK being sick for almost 2 weeks, we made it to a pumpkin patch this year!


We went to Kinsey Family Farms this year and, while they did not have a giant pumpkin patch, it was perfect for our girls. We got there when they opened and were the only people for a while. The girls really loved being able to pull their own wagons.

We were the only family on the first hay ride. It was so much fun!

The farm is a large tree farm so the views from the hay ride were so beautiful.

Halfway through the hay ride we got off to feed some fish. The girls were thrilled!

BIG CATFISH! The guy driving the tractor said there is no fishing in the point and these fish get fed during the fall season a lot!

Mom and her girls!

HK finally got brave enough to get off my lap.

Sweet girls!

There was also a small "feed some animals" area. The girls really liked feeding all the goats! It was first thing in the morning and they were hungry!!!

The blow up cat was all fun and games from far away but not so much fun when we got close. Those claws and teeth were a little scary!

Family pictures!


Have to say a quick word about the girls dresses. The NICEST lady named Angela made them for me. I found her on Etsy (I don't even let myself on Etsy often because I love everything! here is her shop) and it is a small world because she lives less than 4 miles from my house. I was able to contact her, drop off fabric and have the dresses back in less than 24 hours.Talk about service! She was so great to work with and has lots of cute other girl clothes. I assume you are not surprised that she is doing their Christmas dresses too!

Because I was needing such a quick turn around she made the dresses (I don't sew great and they'd take me forever!) and then I got them home and added the monogram, ruffle at the bottom and made the matching flower bow. I love them and I love that fall attire is already crossed off my list for 2012. The girls can wear them again and if they are too short then we'll wear them as shirts with some cute leggings. So cute!

No comments: