Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rock Star Dad

The Heald house has been rocking and rolling for the past few months and Jared has been one hardworking handyman husband. What's he working on out in the yard?

Ta da! His very own man cave space shed. Isn't that impressive?!?! It is a 6x8 space for lots of his yard tools and things (who am I kidding, I don't do much, ok any, yard work so I have no idea what all is in that shed!). It is a big space that the girls were sad to find out was not a new big playhouse for them!

Lots of room and shelves and hooks. We spent all day cleaning the garage today and there was a lot more room now that the yard stuff is out.


He read a lot of books and planned the whole thing. Um, I could read every book in the world and would end up with the most unlevel, leaking, falling apart shed ever built. Jared is such a stubborn smart and determined man. He wanted a shed and by gosh he built one!




My car window stopped working when picking the girls up from school on Thursday. Long story short the car place we always use didn't fix the window, my rock star husband did (for much less money too!). I love feeling taken care of and Jared has become such a handy hubby my expectations are skyrocketing!

Door totally taken apart. I was only slightly concerned that it wouldn't ever go back together!

And while the Rock Star hasn't been fixing my window, building his shed or making my craft table he's been Disney World Dad again with his princesses.

 The girls LOVE to go on adventures with Daddy. He makes up fun stories and they can play for hours. This day they went on an adventure in the backyard. At this time Jared was the King riding his royal steed, Matney was a princess on a unicorn and HK was riding a dinosaur. ha! Never a dull moment with that kid!


Here we are at the Wild Animal Preserve in North GA. I'll post more pictures of that trip soon - we had another super special surprise after we left the animals.  Jared came home last Friday night and said let's take the girls to see animals tomorrow. See, I am a planner. I need trips more than 20 minutes away on my calendar weeks in advance, not just a few hours. But Jared balances me well and off we went the next morning. He's Disney Dad I tell you, with spoiled semi-rotten girls! We are such blessed females!



No comments: