Sunday, January 29, 2012

Destruction and Panic

Matney is in school on Fridays and HK stays home with me. When we were supposed to be at Costco last week we were home. HK was about naked and I was tearing the family room apart. Seriously, I had every piece of furniture moved, junk was everywhere.

Do you wonder why?

Well, HK was playing with my wedding ring while I changed her diaper (she HATES having a poopy diaper changed screams the whole time). When we finished and she stood up my ring was gone. She, of course, didn't care and ran off to play but I couldn't figure out where my ring had gone. I knew she had not moved while she had it so it should have been on the floor nearby.

But no. Not on the floor, under the couch or under the chair, not under the baskets of blankets or tangled in hundreded of toys. Not even in HK's poopy diaper that I dug out of the trash and checked (yes, it was as nasty as you think) and still no ring.
Finally, after HK got her jammies back on, she started shaking her foot around and moving like a wild thing. I eventually figured out that my ring was in the bottom of the foot of her jammies and bothering her when she stepped on it.. AGH!!!!! At least  the couch did get put back in place and my ring is back on my finger (after I washed my hands many times after that diaper!) where it belongs!

No comments: