Thursday, February 7, 2013

Big Sisters/Little Sister

The girls being sick made it much harder to introduce Ev to the girls than we’d anticipated. We didn’t want them to get her sick and we were in a rush to get back out the door and have HK at the dr. We did let them see her on the couch for just a minute and then Ev had a gift for the girls.
IMG_4438IMG_4440IMG_4439
IMG_4430IMG_4431
We love nothing more than sitting around in our jammies in this house! A few days before Ev was born it really started to bother me that I didn’t have anything for the big girls and I wanted to make sure they didn’t feel left out. I found the Big Sister jammies at Carter’s and then made Ev jammies to match.
WP_20130131_008
I also made the girls bags and had a book about being a big sister with their jammies. Ev wrote them each a note about how excited she was to be their little sister and how she can’t wait to “cuddle up” and read books/watch tv. Some time I want to get a picture of all 3 of them in their jammies but I need everyone to be well before we start cuddling!
WP_20130131_009WP_20130131_010
I am writing this when we have been home just over a week. So far we’ve had a few issues with everyone adjusting. More tears and more acting out for attention from the big girls but nothing unexpected. They do wake up each morning and make a comment about how Ev is “still just a baby” or “she still can’t talk”, etc. Ha! Give it time, big girls. Pretty soon she is going to be into everything you own!

No comments: