Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whirlwind baby!

In just a few hours we went from this on Sunday night:
40wk belly
to this :
DSCN5901
to this on Monday morning:
DSCN5913
Welcome to the family Evelyn Claire Heald! You are precious and perfect!
As I took pictures off the camera I realized just how much technology has changed in the years since Matney and HK were born. I think we had 20 pictures total on our camera when I just downloaded them. After panicking for a minute I realized that almost all the pictures we took at the hospital are on our phones. That wasn’t even an option when the girls were born. At least not picture quality wise. I haven’t gotten all of mine off my phone yet but here are the highlights of Monday and Tuesday.

DSCN5907
Evelyn came out screaming and crying at 5:25am, 21” long and 7lbs 4oz. She passed all the tests and looks perfect and healthy!

WP_20130204_021
I was so excited to see all that hair (bows!!!) and Jared was beside himself that it is brown. Maybe one of his girls will look like him!

twinkie
The food at the hospital was so so nasty. We opted for dinner out of the vending machines on Monday night. I thought Jared and his pink Twinkie was funny enough to need a picture.
WP_20130204_038
After Jared fell asleep I stuck a giant bow on her head and Miss Ev and I hung out for a while. So sweet!
DSCN5920
Since we all know that Jared and I cannot sit still for any extended period of time you won’t be shocked to know that I had showered and we were ready and waiting to leave before 6am on Tuesday. We requested to be released after 24 hours - if the mother’s ob and baby’s pediatrician both agree then they’ll let you go early. Ev and I were both doing well so by 11am we were out of there!
DSCN5923
Headed home!
DSCN5927

ride home
Sweet girls slept the whole way home. And I don’t know why I ever said anything about how the girls had been well or this would be an easy transition since they’d be in school because just as soon as I started going into labor both girls got sick. HK has missed school all week. In fact, when we got home from the hospital I changed clothes and turned right around and took her to the dr. I guess they don’t have a lady give birth and show up with a different kid the next day. I was the talk of the office! And HK was NOT happy to be there!
hk dr
So here we are a few days later. There is a teeny tiny baby in what now looks like a very big crib. Matney is better, HK is still sick and I bet will sleep less than the baby tonight. It has been a whirlwind! I’ll back up and do more individual posts asap!
crib
And I started this post at noon – it is now 6pm. Life is about to be crazy!

No comments: