Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Miracle! Matney updates

Until I have more Christmas pictures I am stuck so I thought I'd add her professional pics while Blogger seems to be working and give a quick Matney update. The biggest, most exciting news EVER is that, beginning Christmas Eve Matney started sleeping though the night. We have no idea what changed...her room is the same, her pj's and bedtime routine are the same, her food is the same, etc. But, for the first time EVER, she has gone to bed around 7pm and slept without me having to go into her room until about 5am when she wakes up wanting a bottle. She goes back to sleep for an hour or two after her bottle. AND, if that wasn't good enough, she is napping in her crib...sometimes for longer than 20 minutes. Can you BELIEVE IT?!?!?! I can not! 10 months later...I am so excited!

If we say "Matney, wave bye-bye to...", she will wave. If we say clappy, clappy, she claps. Shakey, shakey makes her shake her arms/hands. Such a big girl! She will say mamamam and dadada but I don't think she really gets it, or maybe she gets it but she can't always get it out when she wants to. Lots of the time Jared is mamama too.

She still isn't crawling but is finally starting to show some interest in getting around. Her rolling across the floor gets her where she wants to go so most of the time she will rock on her hands and knees and then flop to her belly and roll to what she wants.

She LOVES sweet peas (whole peas warmed in the microwave) and Cheerios. LOVES THEM! She is getting really good with her sippy cup and likes to drink water. She has 8 teeth now, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. She is growing up so quickly!

And right now she wants to eat so I have to run. Hope this gets you caught up a little more!





No comments: