Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas...in many posts

I am a horrible blogger! So sorry for the lack of posts, it has been crazy and I just haven't done it. No good excuse! The week of Christmas was a whirlwind here at the Heald house so I'll try and run through it quickly...so that you can get on to viewing pictures of Matney.

Sat the 20th Matney woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. I knew she felt hot when I picked her up to feed her (around 4am) and when we took her temp in the AM it was 101.5. She had no other symptoms of illness so we just kept her in all day and watched her. Poor baby! My mom and her friend Kathy had driven up to babysit so that Jared and I could go to my friend Lisette's wedding Sat night. It was beautiful and fun to be at her wedding when she was at ours just a few years ago! Matney stayed on Tylenol for a couple days and then she was fine. We never knew what bug she was fighting. Strange.

When she still seemed ok on Sunday I threw in the car late afternoon and headed for WR. We had some friends in town that haven't all been in Middle GA at the same time in years. Mom, Matney, Sue, Donna and her extended family had a great time catching up and the girls enjoyed a nice lunch and time shopping.

Then M and I loaded it all back up and came back to Atl just in time to get Christmas all ready at our house. Christmas Eve morning we went to Jared's parents. It wasn't 10 minutes after we left the house that Matney pooped her pants...and her cute pink dress. We pulled over and changed her (and her clothes) and kept going. There is never a dull moment here! We enjoyed a yummy lunch with his parents, sister and her husband, and all received great gifts. Matney's favorite thing was pulling the tissue paper out of bags! In the rush to get out of the house we didn't take our camera so I'll have to get pics from his family later.

We left Jared's family in time to get back to our part of town for the Christmas Eve service at church. It was a candlelight service and helped get us in the Christmas mood (which was hard when it has been 65-70 degrees outside!). My mom and brother drove up that night and helped Matney make Christmas cookies for Santa. Jared apparently didn't understand who Santa is because I looked up and he was eating the biggest one off Santa's plate! We will work on that before next year.

It is tradition in my family to open one present on Christmas Eve. I don't know how old my brother and I were before we realized that it is always Christmas pj's! This year we all sat an opened our gift. Then the boys went to a late movie while mom and I got stuck at home putting together Matney's toys for under the tree. I am not sure how that happened!

I think that goes through the last week and these pictures. I am geting the Christmas Day pics off the camera now so more to come!



All our stockings


"Um, Mom. I know you like bows but I think this is a little too big!"


Jared's version of Christmas pj's. He wore this nice outfit to the movies!


Jared, opening his pj's, wanted to be like Matney and wear his bow too.


I have no idea why she was naked. But she is cute! Love that belly!!!


The tree after Santa came and dropped off put together toys!



Matney's Christmas pj's


random tree again before Santa and before the room got cleaned


Jared with Santa's stolen cookie


Matney's cookies for Santa

No comments: