Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hello!


Hi from Miss Matney! Here she is on her lion. He is one of her most favorite toys.

We've been having fun here at the Heald house and M is growing like a weed. I have given up on her being able to wear any of her 12 month warm clothes and have moved her into the 18 month spring clothes even though it is 30 something degrees. Her belly and thigh region is just a little chunky! I just add tights and a sweater and off we go! Nice, huh?

Sunday night we had a Superbowl Party here with friends and as Matney was passed around I know I saw her eat cheese sticks, chicken wings, chicken fingers and spinach dip. Who knows what else she had...probably an entire piece of pizza when I wasn't looking! Yesterday at playgroup she enjoyed veggie lasagna off my plate. I think it was her first taste of broccoli and she seemed to like it. I assure you she got NO broccoli when she was in my belly. I'd rather eat snails! Eating "big people food" is a new thing in the couple days. She used to just spit it out but since this weekend she seems more willing to try things.

I can't keep up with all that she is learning. When we read her books she can find the cat, duck, frog, etc and loves the praise she gets when she points to what we ask. Her favorite word right now is DUCK. Everything is duck and it is super cute. She also learned "kisses" over the weekend. When we say "Matney kisses" she presses her little lips together and leans in to give you a smooch. I have been the lucky recipient of a couple open mouth, drool kisses and, as sweet as it is, they are pretty nasty!

Jared and I are doing well...because I know that you care! J is really busy with a couple things at work. We're working on keeping M up a little later at night. This way he's been able to still see her when he gets home. She is still sleeping through the night. WHOO HOO! I don't know what finally changed but she did it one night a couple weeks ago and we're still going. I may end up in there once a night but she is easy to get back asleep so I don't mind at all. New baby girl Heald is doing fine also. She still doesn't have a name though. She is growing, my belly is growing a lot all of a sudden! I saw the dr. and at 24 weeks still haven't gained any weight which is hard to believe if you've seen my tummy. I think it is all the crawling I do chasing M around! He said he wasn't concerned at all and that the baby sounds great. May 23rd will be here before we know it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Matney, you are getting cuter every day.

Mike and Fayth