Saturday, June 6, 2009

Matney's First Injury

We knew it was going to happen sooner or later now that Matney is walking everywhere...our first injury. Poor baby! She fell walking around the kitchen and hit her lip on the cabinet. She cried but was running around like a wild girl after about 5 minutes and an ice cube. And I've gotten a couple emails since I posted about the last week so just to clarify...Apparently preeclampsia can develop up to two weeks after you deliver a baby. Who knew?!?! It is not common but it can happen...and I just happen to be the one to get it! It is also rare that anyone is allergic to the blood pressure medicine they try first but I was. If I had my phone around I'd upload the picture I took in the ER of me, after I broke out in hives 5 minutes after they started the medicine in my IV. It has been one thing after another this week. The medication we quadruped finally seems to be working and my blood pressure has come down into a normal range for the first time since this started. We have asked and been told that there is no way to know if this will be a concern with future pregnancies. I am thankful to have gotten the crazy headache so that I went to the dr. Otherwise it wouldn't have been caught and treated so quickly. Now, if the headache would disapper for good I'd feel much better!

No comments: