Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh my WORDS!

Ha! She wanted these bows in her hair.





Oh my WORD...and words and words and words... do we have a big girl in our house. In the past week or two, despite being sick, Matney's vocabulary has taken off. She runs around the house pointing at things wanting you to tell her what they are and then she tries to say it. This morning she went from a rocking chair, to chairs in the patio set, to her baby chair saying "chair, chair, chair", as if she finally gets that all of them are chairs and she can say the word. I don't think that we could even begin to count the number of words that she knows now.
I took her to the grocery store this weekend and it was like taking a little person instead of a baby. I asked her before I left, "Matney, do you want to go to the store with Mommy?". And she said "yea" (we'll have to work on yes, mam or sir!). We talked the whole time we were gone. She answers all the yes/no questions we ask her and it is wonderful having that ability to communicate. She gets so frustrated when we can't figure out what she's trying to say, it is so helpful that she can answer our questions now. And I LOVE that we're learning more about her.
And it is the sweetest thing...she is singing! So far she's sung some of the words along with us to Twinkle, Twinkle, Rubber Duckie and a Rock the Baby song that she and my mom made up. It is the CUTEST sound.
Jared and I laughed so much at her this weekend and we know it will never be quiet around here again...and we couldn't be more excited!!!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Matney is such a beautiful little girl! We have got to meet up!