Monday, June 29, 2009

Smile!

I caught a couple of Halle Kate's smiles on camera! What a cutie...and she laughs already! So much fun.








I took her to her 1 month appt on Friday. She weighs 8lb 5oz and is in the10-25th percentile. She is 20 3/4", so she's grown an inch in 5 weeks, and is in the 25-50th percentile. We talked about how she wakes up in a good mood, eats, is happy for 10 minutes and then cries until she falls asleep. That, along with a couple other things, led him to believe she has a problem with milk and/or has reflux. We switched her to soy formula and started a reflux medicine and by Sunday she wasn't crying at all. Wonderful! Maybe we're not repeating Matney after all (knock on some serious wood!). The doctor said she looks great!
This first month has been much easier than I'd anticipated. Probably because my mom or Jared is here with me and Matney loves the "babe" (imagine that sounding sophisticated and French). She eats about 3 1/2-4oz every 3 hours. At night she'll sometimes do one longer stretch of about 5 hours when she first goes to sleep. I'm tired but since I don't have to get up with Matney (6:30am on a good morning) it hasn't been too bad. She naps well during the day...get this...IN HER CRIB. Aren't you impressed?!?!? I am.
Halle Kate wants her head up at all times if she is awake. She doesn't like sitting back in the Boppy, swing or bouncy seat. She's had really good head control since she was born and wants to be up over your shoulder looking around.
We've gotten pretty good at getting both girls out of the house but I have no idea how I'll do it on my own. I am sitting at the desk looking at the double stroller that was delivered by UPS today. Those things are HUGE! As I push 30, taking my blood pressure medication, pushing a double stroller and talking about getting a minivan I realize how NOT COOL I am anymore. Just Matney and Halle Kate's Mama to most people we know. And you know, I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world!




No comments: