Monday, June 29, 2009

What a difference a year makes!

Remember this?!?! Playgroup started one year ago when our friend Amber invited us to hang out for a couple of hours one day. Eight stay-at-home first time moms came together, almost none of us knowing more than 1 other person, and a year later we still meet every week. I remember calling Jared when I left that first day SO EXCITED telling him that I thought I'd made friends, and that we may see them again. Can we say desperate for adult conversation??? I honestly cannot imagine this past year without these ladies. Thanks to playgroup, a year later all us moms still have at least tiny bit of our sanity left! The first playgroup. They were all about 3 months old.
Today playing outside in the Elmo sprinkler. They are all walking and starting to talk. It is absolutely crazy to me to realize how much we grow in the first year of life. Watch out if you try to help them with anything. These wild kiddos have gone from helpless to "don't help me or I'll scream" in such a short amount of time! I got several good pictures but I'll do a separate post later. I am off to put together the stroller.




No comments: