Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still Here

Sorry for the lack of posts...I seem to be falling apart and the computer is still being crazy and we are probably just going to go buy a new one. I just tried to upload a bunch of pictures but it won't let me. So frustrating. I will try again soon.


The transition from 3 to 4 is going really well. Jared was able to be home for 12 days and we LOVED having him here. He and Matney are bestest buddies now and it is obvious that she spends much of her day waiting on him to get home and play. Halle Kate could not be any sweeter. She sleeps much of the day, in her crib...can you imagine that?!?!? At 2 weeks old she has slept more in her crib than Matney had at 6 months old. She is sleeping through the night, just waking every 3 or 4 hours to eat. I hesitate to say it, for fear that I'll have to take it back tomorrow, but the addition of another baby has been much, much easier than anticipated. I promise I will keep trying to get the pictures up. There are some really cute ones!

The only thing that hasn't gone according to plan is me. I got a horrible headache accompanied by crazy vision that started last Friday and thought it was a migraine. Long story short it didn't go away and it turns out that my blood pressure is really high (which can apparently happen after pregnancy, who knew?). I started medicine and at the beginning of the week and have been monitoring it closely. Last night it got way too high and I spent the night in the Northside Hospital ER. Good times! They got it low enough that it wasn't dangerous and I saw my dr again this morning. He quadrupled the medicine and, for the first time in a week, it is finally coming down closer to a normal range. My headache should finally go away once the blood pressure gets regulated but until then light, noise, etc have been hard. I will continue to monitor it several times a day and pray that we can stay in a normal range and not have to go back to the hospital again.

Give me a day or two to get back in the swing of things and I hope to have all sorts of cute little girl pictures up for you!

No comments: