Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I cry. There I admitted it.

If you've known me for a while you know that I tend to not show my emotions very often. There is no doubt that I am a much more emotional person since I had these girls. In fact, I don't even know what to type for this post because I am not sure that I can express what I'm trying to say in a way that will make sense.
Today, we ran to the grocery store just before lunch and I stuck the girls in their high chairs when we got home so that they could start to eat (ok, really so they'd be semi contained) and I could get the food put up. If Halle Kate can see Matney she normally spends much of her time laughing. In return Matney laughs at HK and they just keep giggling. It probably won't be cute in a few years when it is way past bedtime but for now...Anyway, I stuck my head out of the pantry when they were really laughing today and this is what I saw.

I know to you this is just a cute picture of cute girls (and a messy kitchen table). But for me, I was instantly brought to tears and grabbed the camera so that I could always remember this moment. There was nothing special about today. This morning was horrible actually! But these two cuties just laughing at each other... sniff, I've never been part of something so special.








It has been a wild 8 months. Heck, it has been a wild 21 months! But every lost hour of sleep, every frustrating moment with two tiny, needing, deserving baby girls crying at my feet, every single pile of laundry (and there have been more than you can imagine!), every missed event, every frustration, every tear, every tense moment from the past months was gone from my memory as I watched them laugh.
We have several friends getting ready to have baby number two and they've asked about what it is like with two. What I know is this...even though it is crazy in the beginning, seeing your first child (who you've adored for years) laughing with your second (who will quickly become just as precious to you as the first) is something that can make even a "no emotions!" girl like me stop, cry and grab a camera. I can't describe it other than to say it will take your breath away and you'll wonder how you could feel love so strong.
What an incredible opportunity I have each day to wake up and be their mom.

2 comments:

The Shaw Family said...

Well, I do cry easily, and you have me reaching for the Kleenex right now! Thank you for this post. I am starting to get very anxious about Jackson's arrival and am wondering how in the world I will handle two boys. It is moments like this that I day dream about. Your girls are beautiful and you are an amazing mom and someone who I admire dearly!!!

Gina and Bobby said...

Love it Stacey! I completely understand. i love my kids so much. As much chaos they make your life, they make your life 10 fold more in joy.