Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lights, camera, SNAP

You are all my witnesses! In 2011 when Jared is working on the Christmas/end of the year budget the money for new Christmas tree lights comes out of HIS pocket! I confess that when Christmas is getting close I am already getting antsy and ready for the decorations to be put away. I know that once Christmas morning arrives I'll have a ton of new things to find homes for and I can't stand the mess! So, I try to start cleaning up the non-essential decorations just before Christmas Eve so that the tree and mantle are all that are left Christmas morning. Seriously, I know that sounds bad but no one is paying any attention to dish towels or candles, etc when there's a room full of new gifts. Last year the tree came down Christmas day. This year I managed to make it until the 26th. Aren't you proud?
Since the girls were sick I was constantly on the couch holding someone and Jared ended up in charge of taking off the lights. Let me tell you that I put them on the tree every year and I like a lot (a whole lot) of lights. It makes it look pretty. Jared apparently didn't care for the way I put them on (I wind up the tree on the inside first and then back down putting more lights near the outer branches). First we heard him complaining, then the door to the garage opening, and then SNAP, and tug. Yep, he went and got pliers and cut my lights into small pieces that he could easily remove from the tree. And I think he rather enjoyed doing it. Sigh. Anyone want to donate to the "2011 Tree Light Fund"? Pretty sure Jared is going to tell me that our next tree doesn't get lights!



No comments: