Saturday, June 12, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows!

If you've known me long you know I don't want a cake at my birthday, I want Rice Krispy Treats. YUMMY! Two years ago Jared took the time to make me homemade marshmallows but I never even tried them. And for two years I've acted like I did. EEEK! I was pregnant and super sick at the time and the thought of anything sweet made my stomach turn. I knew how much time (they take hours) he'd put into it so I've just always said they were really yummy. Last weekend they somehow came up and I finally fessed up. Jared immediately set out to make them again. Matney loves "helping" in the kitchen right now so she and Daddy played in sugar for hours.






And they were really great. J let me lick the bowl and I was covered in marshmallow goo, especially after I poured rice krispies in the bowl and just grabbed a spoon. Nothing like several types of sticky sugar to make a weekend with sick kids a little more tolerable! Thanks honey, your homemade marshmallows were SO GOOD. I am sure that they were great two years ago too! PS - don't worry. I don't think I have any more secrets, I really did try that coconut soup you made when we dated :) Love you!

No comments: