Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Matney's First Haircut

It has taken me several months to convince Jared to let Matney get her first haircut. I finally told him that I was taking her before preschool starts (yep, she's going to preschool in just a two weeks. She'll be there 2 days a week from 9am-1pm. She is SO EXCITED and asks to go almost every morning when she wakes up.). We heard from a friend that the little girl super boutique Sweet and Sassy does $10 Toddler Tuesday haircuts. Last week I took Miss M there on a Tuesday morning to watch her friend get a haircut so that she wouldn't be scared. She wasn't scared at all and wanted a haircut RIGHT THEN. Unfortunately $10 Tuesdays books fast and we were not able to make an appointment until today. Every single day for a week Matney has said "today I am going to get my haircut" and I've had to tell her not yet. This morning when I got her up I told her where we were going and she was too excited to even eat breakfast.

Look carefully at this first picture. Matney was out of the car and headed for the door before I could stop her. Can you see what she's carrying? Miss M got herself totally decked out to get her hair done. Seriously, this girl just keeps us laughing. Don't you love the purse and the bracelet? Too funny!



She was willing to pause long enough for one picture.

Doesn't she look so big walking to the chair?




Mommy and Halle Kate hanging out...just before Halle Kate decided she's had enough and started screaming.


Someone at some time had the genius idea to let the kids hold a water bottle and squirt the mirror. This totally kept Matney occupied so that she wasn't wiggling around too much. She the glee on her face to make a mess?

In between the super excited water squirting pictures and this Halle Kate had a HUGE meltdown so the camera had to go away. When I got back to Matney the lady was saying "you're all done" and Matney was crying that she wasn't all done. Did she want more cutting? More squirting? Nope, she was crying that she "needs a bow!". HA! That's my girl. Lucky for her Mama brought a matching big bow just for the event. Mantey recovered and asked for her "green sucker with a flower" just like she'd seen her friend get last week. WHAT, YOU'RE OUT OF SUCKERS?????

I tried to quickly scoop up my screaming children and we went straight to the candy store. You know the ones where you pay some ridiculous amount for 1/4lb of candy? At that point I didn't mind paying for a very overpriced sucker at all. Here's a happy Matney again.

Because of the dueling meltdowns this is the best picture I have of the back of her hair. You really wouldn't know it was cut except that the back is straight across now.
It was a wild morning and I was exhausted before 11am! We ended up at Barnes and Noble for ballerina story time. The same story time that the girls didn't sit down for so we left before it really even started. Maybe next summer!

No comments: