Monday, August 30, 2010

We love preschool

This picture doesn't really have anything to do with preschool but I thought Matney helping HK drink from a straw was cute!

The first day of preschool was a little rough for all of us. Matney did cry, was exhausted, I was worried about her the entire time and HK was not impressed with my attempts to entertain her by myself. However, every day since her first day of school Matney has gotten up and asked to go back. The five days out of seven that she's stuck home with us don't always get met with enthusiasm. She loves preschool and, as much as it is hard to watch her grow up, I love that she loves it. So far she's made her name in glitter (which is now all over my house) and glue, painted an alligator and made her handprints, all of which she is very, very proud of.

By the end of the second day I called Jared to say "I LOVE PRESCHOOL!!!" too. Oh my! I have had the best time with HK. I hadn't thought about it before but I've never spent four hours with her one on one before. Every once in a while we're alone for an hour while Matney and Jared run an errand but most of the time all us girls are together. She is so funny and has totally loved all the attention. We've gone to the playground, the mall, the park, story time at the library, lots of other stores and we have had a great time. And can I just say that going places with one child, especially only getting one in and out of the car, is just an incredible thing! Our girls were so close together that by the time Matney was really old enough to go lots of places in a day HK was already born. Running around for hours with one child is SO MUCH EASIER than hauling two around. We have lots of friends about to have baby number two and I don't want to scare anyone but you should all get any errands done NOW that you need to run for the next year, especially before the heat hits again next summer. Or, just make sure your older one goes to preschool!

No comments: